Coconut Puffs with Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Drizzle

Hi guys!  I hope you're having a lovely weekend!  Today, I really wanted to bake some treats and I've seen a lot of dessert recipes with chickpeas or beans.  I decided to experibake.

I found a recipe on Instagram and used it as my base.  I split the batter, baking half of it and freezing the other.  I also coated both versions with a Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Drizzle.  Yup.


Chickpea Puffs with Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Drizzle:
Vegan, Gluten Free, Soy Free, Low Sodium
  • 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • 3/4 cup oats
  • 1/4 cup sweetened and shredded coconut
  • 1/4 cup stevia
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
  • 3 Tbsp Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter + 2-4 Tbsp almond milk
Directions:  Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  Grind oats and coconut in a blender, then mix with stevia in a medium sized bowl.  Blend chickpeas, coconut oil, and almond milk until chickpeas are completely ground.  Stir chickpea mash into dry ingredients until a huge dough ball has formed.  Using your hands (lightly floured), roll the batter into small balls.  I put 11 in a baking dish with a sheet of parchment to bake and 11 on a plate (also lined with parchment) to freeze.  Melt peanut butter with almond milk for 30-60 seconds, then drizzle over the top of both batches of coconut puffs.  Put half in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.  Place the other half in the freezer for an hour.  Makes:  22 puffs.

Baking batch (before drizzle):


Freezing batch (before drizzle):


I like the frozen batch more, but Alex likes the baked batch more.  I'll leave your preference up to you :)

How do you spend your Saturday morning?

Have a great day!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts