Let the Rhythm Just: Workout and Playlist
Hi guys! I wanted to share one of my favorite workouts and a playlist with you today.
Recently, I've been really into the "30/30" style workouts, where you do back to back rounds of a few exercises for 30 seconds each with no rest. It's great.
Let the Rhythm Just Workout:
High Intensity Interval Training
3-4 rounds, 30 second break between rounds
- Pendulums: From a pike position, swing one leg so that it's at a 90 degree angle from your other leg, then jump and switch so your other leg is at a 90 degree angle. The point is for your legs to act as a pendulum while using your core to stabilize your upper body.
- Overhead Lunges: Raise a weight or kettle bell over your head and lunge forward, alternating legs.
- Half Burpees: From a squat, place your hands on the ground and jump into plank. Jump your feet forward and release your hands so that you're back in a squat. Extra Challenge- jump your feet out in a low squat-jack instead of a squat.
- Push Up w Hand Release: Do a push up and bring one hand up when in plank. Do another push up and bring the other hand up.
- Deep Squat: Holding a weight or kettle bell, step your feet slightly more than hip-width apart with toes at a 45 degree angle. Squat down, squeezing your core during the entire move, until your elbows touch your knees or legs. Squeeze your glutes and come to standing.
Break, sip, repeat :)
For the soundtrack to this lovely workout, I listen to a few loud dancey songs through Spotify. Side Note: Spotify Premium is great, and if you are a student, there is no reason not to get it. Thousands of songs from tons of artists become available for unlimited listening and you can download it so that you don't even have to have internet. It's amazing.
1. Coast is Clear- Shrillex
2. Down on My Luck- Vic Mensa
3. Five Hours- Deorro
4. Global Concepts- Robert DeLong
5. Sun Don't Shine- Klangkarussell, Will Heard
6. I Just Wanna F.- Afrojack, David Guetta
7. B**** I'm Madonna- Madonna, Nicki Minaj
8. Drop It Low- Ester Dead, Chris Brown
9. Trini Dem Girls- Nicki Minaj
10. Pull-Up- Jason Derulo
11. You- Ha Ha Ha- Charli XCX
12. A Little Party Never Killed Nobody- Fergie
13. B**** Better Have My Money- Rihanna
14. Run The World (Girls)- Beyoncé
15. Hey Mama- David Guetta
16. Paper Planes- M.I.A.
What do you like to listen to when you workout?
I hope you guys have a lovely weekend!