Listen To Your Body

Hi guys!  Today is the first day of my summer vacation!  Yesterday we took tests the first two periods, and then people just kind of got checked out.  They didn't all get checked out at once, but somehow by 12 my classroom looked like this:

*Chirp Chirp Chirp*
Last night my cousins came over so I babysat them for two hours (which means they came over and I cooked them dinner while they watched youtube videos about Nerf guns).  By the time they left it was 7:00, so I watched and wrote down my workout.  I got dressed.  I noticed I was tired, but decided to warm up first then see how I felt.  So I warmed up, looked at my workout, and decided maybe I should take a small nap before my workout.  I looked at the clock, which read 8:00, and decided a 20 minute power nap would work great.  I could workout until 9 then sleep until 1:00 the next day because it was summer!

Then I slept for 12 hours.

I haven't slept for 12 hours in a long time.  That usually only happens when I'm sick!  I was perfectly fine, the only problem being that I was tired.  My plan was that a workout would energize me.  It turned out that what my body needed more than a 30-minute energizing workout was a 12-hour energizing slumber.

When I woke up this morning I thought I was dreaming.  I cleaned the sleep out of my eyes and brushed my teeth (after going to school for 180 days you have to start the day with routine!)  I decided that this was real life, so I went downstairs and made breakfast, let that digest, then did the workout that I had planned to do 14 hours before.  And I rocked it.  5 minute warmup, 30 minutes of interval training, 25 crunched on my yoga ball, and 15 minutes of stretching.  A nice and long shower followed.  It was a great start to my day.

Listen to your body people!  I was going to ignore my body's signals that told me that I was tired, but then when I listened to them I slept for 12 hours and it made my workout so much better.  I feel amazing right now.  If I hadn't listened to my body, I would have probably had a half-butt workout and slept horribly.  I probably would feel groggy all day. 

And who knows if I would have made this delicious lunch:


It's [Vegan] Taco Time:
Serves:  1
  • 1 whole wheat pita or tortilla
  • 1/3 cup black beans
  • 1/2 cup Cuvacado Salsa (see below)
  • 1/2 cup romaine/ 2 romaine leaves, chopped
  • 1/4 cup regular tomato salsa (I use mild)
Directions:  Warm pita or tortilla in the microwave or oven until toasty and slightly crunchy.  Prepare cuvacado salsa and chop romaine.  Add beans, romaine, and salsas to your tortilla/pita and fold in half.  Enjoy :)

Cuvacado Salsa:
  • 1/4 large cucumber, chopped (~ 1/2 chopped cucumber)
  • 1/2 large avocado, cubed
  • 1/2 small red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1/2 lemon
  • S + P to taste
Directions:  Combine cucumber, avocado, and red bell pepper.  Deseed the lemon and squeeze it juice over the cucumber mixture.  Give it a great mix and add salt and pepper to taste.  Put on tacos, in salads, over rice, or serve with chips as a nice summer snack.

It was so refreshing!  A great summer meal!


I served it with leftover apple slices from breakfast.



I ended up adding a couple more tablespoons of tomato salsa because I forgot how much I <3 it


I love tacos!  You don't miss the meat in this meal! 

Exercise Challenge- May 25th, 2012
27 Burpees.  I have a new burpee for you guys, but I don't really know how to explain it yet, so I'll tell you tomorrow! 

I'm excited about tomorrow's post!  Lots of pictures of food!

Have a good day!  Don't forget to listen to your body!  (Right know, my body's telling me it's snack time ;)

Comments

Popular Posts