Banana Nut Bread Granola For Good

Hi guys!  That half marathon is sneaking right up on us!  Only one more long run!  12 days....

I decide to distract myself with food.

I made this granola and it BLEW MY MIND.  It was awesome.  Make it.  It'll make your whole house smell like bananas and cinnamon and fall (did my stomach just faint?) and it's so healthy.


Banana Nut Bread Granola:
Vegan, Soy Free
  • 2 cups oats
  • 1/2 cup ground flax
  • 1/2 cup mixed nuts (I used almonds, cashews, walnuts, and pecans)
  • 1/4 cup raisins
  • 1/4 cup cacao nibs
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup maple syrup
  • 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 banana, mashed
Directions:  Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Combine oats, flax, nuts, raisins, cacao nibs, cinnamon, and salt.  In a separate bowl, combine mashed banana, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, and vanilla.  Stir into dry mixture until everything's fully coated.  Spread evenly on a parchment-covered baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring every ten to ensure even browning.  Bake until golden and fragrant.  Cool for 5 minutes and serve.




I packed up this granola into many little bags to sell at my Dad's work.  I'm going to donate all of the profits to the Half The Sky Movement.  There really are some inspiring videos and clips on there so please check it out.  I want to help as much as I can, and I think I'll start in the kitchen!


I also made Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies (recipe coming soon) and two more different types of granola:  Honey Golden Granola and Cacao Cranberry Granola.  Ohhh, and today my friend and I made brownies from scratch- with no recipe of anything, and they turned out okay, but then really good with "frosting" (chocolate powder, sugar, and almond milk...  yummm).  So I have the baking bug again!  I also have TONS of oatmeal recipes to add to the Oatmeal Page, since it's cold and winter is the time for oatmeal (not that there is anytime that I don't eat oatmeal).  I also have a soup recipe that I'm excited share.  Just make sure to check the blog!

After the half marathon, Adria and I are going to focus on Pilates (inside exercise is good for the winter).  I think Pilates is important because it'll strengthen the core and back muscles that usually aren't worked in my vigorous workouts and running.  I also like it because it's not overwhelmingly difficult and doesn't require a crazy amount of energy.

Speaking of a crazy amount of energy, here's a workout I made up yesterday:
Time Challenge- 
10 Cross Over Burpees:  From standing, jump into plank and cross one foot over the other.  Do a push up and return to plank.  Jump your feet foward into a squat and jump up with your arms extended.  That was 1 rep; do 10.
20 Squat n' Pulls:  Grab a weight (I used 12 pounds).  Point your toes outwards and hold the weight in front of your pelvis.  Squat down, keeping your back straight and not letting your knees come forward or your heels like up.  Squeeze your butt and stand up, then pull the weight up to your collar bone.  Return to starting position.  That was 1 rep; do 20.
40 Side Plank Hops:  Start in plank.  Jump both of your feet towards one of your wrists, then return to regular plank.  Jump your feet towards the other wrist, and return to regular plank.  That was 2 reps; do 40.
30 V-Taps:  Start on your back.  Lift your legs and torso off of the ground until you balancing on your tailbone.  Keeping your hands on your temples and your elbows foward, extend your legs out, then bring them back in to your elbows.  Do not let your legs or back touch the floor.  That was 1 rep; do 30.

4 times through!

Adria and I did it together in 21:12.  See if you can beat our time!

Well, I'm going to go do some Pilates (taking it easy since we're doing our 10 miler tomorrow).  I hope you try this AMAZING granola!  

Do you have any events coming up that you are nervous about?

Have a nice weekend!

Comments

  1. I simply couldn’t go away your website before suggesting that I extremely loved the standard info a person supply in your visitors? Is going to be again ceaselessly in order to check out new posts aplikasi joker123

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts