Green Smoothie Challenge + Chai Smoothie Recipe

Hi guys!  I completed the Green Smoothie Challenge!  Every day for 30 days, I drank a green smoothie (or once it was a green juice).  I loved it!  Green smoothie's will definitely be a part of my regular breakfast rotation from now on!  I'll definitely make some of the recipes I enjoyed during the month as well!  Here's a new one that I tried and LOVED today (again, by Mira):

 
Mira's Chai Banana Milkshake:
Vegan, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Soy Free
This smoothie is amazing.  It's so healthy and shocking to the taste buds.  The ingredients may seem weird, but trust me- it's delicious!
  • 1 cup unsweetened original or vanilla almond (or soy) milk
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 cup of spinach (optional, but suggested because it's an easy way to sneak vegetables in!)
  • 1/2 tsp stevia or truvia
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp ground ginger
  • 1/4 tsp ground cardomom
  • A pinch of freshly ground pepper (do it!)
  • 1 tsp cacao nibs
Directions:  Add milk of choice and spices to blender.  Top with spinach, then banana, and blend until smooth.  Add cacao nibs and blend for about five more seconds so you'll get bites of chocolatey bliss as you drink your smoothie.  Serves: 1.

If drinking this for breakfast, I would suggest adding protein, fat, and fiber (like hemp, flax, or chia seeds, or nuts/nut butters) to make it more filling and stabilizing.

*If you add chia, then you could call it chia-chai smoothie :D  Too much fun.


Here are some more green smoothies from the challenge:

(Strawberries, spinach, water, ice, flax, and granola :)
 
(Frozen banana, strawberries, spinach, almond milk, cacao nibs, vanilla protein powder, cinnamon)

MY FAVORITE
(Water, ice, spinach, frozen banana, chocolate protein powder, PB2, cacao powder, cacao nibs, cinnamon)
 
Yum!
 
I love these smoothies!  They're so perfect first thing in the morning to get that chocolate fix while getting in at least one serving of both fruit and veggies!  Yay for smoothies!
 
 
You may notice that I used truvia/stevia in my recipe for the chai smoothie.  I'd suggest that vegans and vegetarians use these kind of sweeteners because some white sugars are made using animal products.  Coming from a leaf, it does not affect the blood sugar levels and is calorie free while possessing vitamins and minerals.  You also use half the amount of stevia/truvia per measured amount of sugar, so that's a bonus!

What's your favorite smoothie recipe?  How about your favorite sweetener?

Have a great day!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts