Quick Lunch For A Hungry Vegan: Tofu Stir Fry with Honey Mustard Sauce

Hi guys!  I was starving the other day around 12:30 (I got caught up in a good book... yay for My Sister's Keeper!) I decided to make lunch!  I found tofu, quinoa, and tons of veggies in our fridge, so I decided to just roll with it!

Tofu Veggie Stir Fry with Honey Mustard Sauce:
Vegan, Low Sugar, Nut Free, Gluten Free*
Adapted from: blogilates.com

Stir fry:
  • 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
  • 1 garlic clove, peeled (and SMASHED)
  • 1 tsp fresh ginger, peeled
  • 1/4 green bell pepper, chopped
  • 1/4 cup mushrooms, chopped
  • 3 asparagus steams, chopped
  • 1/2 block Wildwood Teriaki Tofu (TJ's also has a good version)
  • 2/3 cup cooked quinoa
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Sauce:
  • 1/2 lemon
  • 1 tsp agave
  • 1 tsp spicy brown mustard
Directions:  Add olive oil to a pan and heat.  Mince garlic and ginger, and saute for about three minutes.  Chop pepper, mushrooms, and asparagus and add them.  Cook for another five minutes (I added a little more olive oil at this point to help them cook) and turn off heat.  Transfer to a bowl with quinoa and chopped tofu.  Whisk lemon juice, agave, and mustard and pour over stir fry.  Season with salt and pepper.  Serves:  1.

*There's some controversy as to whether quinoa is GF or not.  If you're very sensitive to gluten, I would say switch it out for a safer grain.

In the pan:
 
With tofu:
 
Saucy-sauce:

In the bowl and dramatized:

So simple, fast, and healthy!  Not to mention delicious.  The perfect lunch for a rainy May Day :)  Don't be afraid to change up the veggie, protein, or grain!  Forever versatile!


Apparently Julia liked the post I made for her birthday:

 
Don't worry, I made that bread for Julia!
 
Today I went to a body pump class and it was so challenging!  We got to the gym a little early so I ran for 5 minutes, then set up and pumped that iron!  It was a great workout for my butt, quads, chest, biceps, triceps, hamstrings, back, shoulders, and abs.  I burned 730+ calories in about 1 hr and 20 minutes.  The instructor even threw in some plyometrics, which I loved.  I will be sore tomorrow (and probably the day after that as well.)

What's your favorite quick meal? 
Do you ever which Facebook would let you like posts more than once? ;)

Have a great weekend!  I'm curling up with another good book right now (On The Bright Side, I'm Now The Girlfriend Of A Sex God.  It's hilarious!)  Bye!

Comments

Popular Posts