Keep Warm: Veggie Stirfry

Hi guys!  FINALS ARE OVER and it's Holiday Break!  I love that!  I have a list of books and a stack of presents for my family, and I can't wait!  I love the holiday season, but I don't like being cold.  I bundle up with scarves, sweaters, tea, and warm food, like the recipe I'm sharing today :)


Greens and Protein Stirfry:
Vegan, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Egg Free, Dairy Free
This stir fry is full of great flavors, all accented by a bit of tamari drizzled over the top.  It provide plenty of protein and healthy carbohydrates.  It's a great meal after a really tough workout!
  • 1 cup uncooked brown rice
  • 1 block of tofu 
  • 1.5 cups of shelled edamame
  • 1 head of broccoli
  • Teriaki sauce, or a combination of sesame oil, tamari, lemon, and agave
  • 3-4 cups of spinach
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil
  • More tamari for individual servings
  • 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Directions:  Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Cook brown rice according to package directions.  While rice is cooking, press and drain tofu, slice it, then brush it with teriaki sauce (or let it marinate over night).  Chop the broccoli and also coat it with teriaki.  Roast tofu and broccoli for 30-45 minutes, until it smells great.  Add broccoli, edamame, spinach, rice, and tofu to a large pan with olive oil and cook it for a couple of minutes (2-4), until spinach has wilted.  Scoop individual servings and drizzle with extra teriaki, tamari, and a squeeze of lemon.  Serves:  4.

I love this meal!  It's filling and delicious.

Just found this on my computer…


And it reminded me of… right now!


Months apart, same shirt, same tea… It's still great!

And I've decided to put my oatmeal page back up!  It's way too cold for smoothies ;)  Head over there to check it out!

I'm also going to update my Books to Read page :)  Now that school's out for a little bit I can work on the important stuff!

Is there anything you'd like me to post?  

Have a great day!

Comments

Popular Posts