My Favorite Sprinting Workout

Hi guys!  Sprinting is a great way to do Interval Training without having to use tons of different equipment or having to go to the gym.  However, you can do it inside if it's raining.  It's challenging and fun and I'd definitely suggest it to anyone trying to improve their speed or lose fat.


Sprinting To Christmas:
No equipment
Running
Set a timer or put on a watch and head outside (or to a track).  Find an even, clean surface where you can run safely and warmup.  Do some jumping jacks, skips, high knees, and butt kicks, then a bit of stretching.  You're ready!

  • Sprint for :45 seconds
  • Walk for :15 seconds
  • Repeat 9 times
  • Walk for 2:00 minutes
  • Sprint for :30 seconds
  • Walk for :30 seconds
  • Repeat 9 times
  • Walk until you catch your breath and your heart rate slows down!  Do as many sets of these as you want (you can go for time or distance; I usually do it until I cover 2 miles).  
  • Jog home
I love sprinting for time!  It's fun and I'm always surprised how much distance I can cover in 30-45 seconds.  It also burns tons of calories and is soooo fun!

What's your favorite way to run?

Have a great day!

Comments

Popular Posts