My New Favorite Bread- Chocolate Slathered or Veggie Stacked

Hi guys!  Recently, my dad and I bought some of Trader Joe's Sprouted Wheat Bread.  It's very healthy and low in calories with 1 gram of fat, 7 grams of carbs, 3 grams of fiber, and 5 grams of protein (per slice!)  It tastes good toasted, but I usually like to slather, smother, stuff, and pack it before eating.

I have used it as a delicious post-workout snack (or post-anytime snack) with chocolate PB2 sauce.


As some of you may know, I love PB2.  It's powdered peanut butter that you reconstitute with almond milk or water.  In this case, I mixed 3 tbsp of PB2 with about 1 tbsp of almond milk.  Then I heated it up for about 10-30 seconds in the microwave until it was all waarrrmmm, then I slathered my Sprouted Wheat Bread with it.  To eat, I folded them in half- they tasted like stuffed donuts.  Served with a cool glass of vanilla almond milk.

Any bread would be good layered, covered, or smeared with this sauce.  It's also good just eaten with a spoon- not that I would know...

Hey look, another recipe!


I made this for a simple dinner one night.  I had two open face sandwiches (does that cancel the point of an open face sandwich?) with tons of goodies.  On one, I spread hummus, sprouts, and 1/2 Aloha Wildwood Baked Tofu block and drops of Peach Hot Sauce (also from Trader Joe's).  On the other, I mashed avocado and topped that with pepper, sprouts, the rest of the tofu, and hot sauce.  Both were delicious!  I think I liked the avocado one more because, you know, avocados are amazing.


Just a little teasing before you're on your way...

(The one of the top right is Chamomile) 


:)

What are your favorite sandwich fillings?  

Have a great week!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts