Protein Pudding

Hi guys!  Short term's over </3.  But that means I get to go back to my great schedule and regular classes- I do miss science and history.  But it also means more homework.  But...

Anyway, I have a recipe for you today!  People always ask me how I get my protein.  Here are a couple ways:

tofu,
Salad with tofu, chickpeas, strawberries, avocado, and lemon dressing.

Packed lunch with salad of veggies and tofu with fruit on the side.

chickpeas,
(hummus in every way, shape, or form)


bars,
You know what that is.
and my favorite...
Chocolate Protein Pudding:
Vegan, Freaking Delicious
This is the perfect way to refuel after a tough workout- I usually have it after dinner or as a snack.  It's filling, delicious, and packed with protein and other things your body needs.

  • 1 scoop protein powder- I use Chocolate Plant Fusion
  • 1 tsp cocoa powder
  • 1 cup vanilla almond milk (or water)
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tbsp peanut butter + 1/2 tbsp almond milk
  • 1/2 Builder's Bar
  • 5 chocolate covered expresso beans
Directions:  Mix protein powder, cocoa, almond milk, and cinnamon in a bowl until smooth.  I like to warm mine up for 30 seconds, but you don't have to.  Crumble your favorite flavor of builder's bar (Mint Chocolate ftw) and sprinkle expresso beans over the top (you can chop these up so you get more chocolate coffee bits in your pudding).  Mix peanut butter and almond milk and warm for 10-20 seconds, then drizzle it over the top of your protein masterpiece.  Serve with a glass of almond milk or Chocolate Hazelnut Tea if so desired.  Serves:  1.

This is a great dessert that's good for you and keeps your full through the night.  If you work out a bunch like I do, then it's important to feed your muscles well and even while you sleep.  This bowl has more than 30 grams of protein and if full of chocolate- what's not to love?  You can play around with the toppings to find your favorites- I think I'm going to try dried cranberries or cherries, vegan cookies (oh boy!), crackers, vegan peanut butter cups...

The possibilities are endless!

What's your favorite vegan source of protein?

Have a great weekend!  


Comments

  1. Cookie Dough Dip (with chickpeas!)

    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/05/23/want-to-eat-an-entire-bowl-of-cookie-dough/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts