Five Minute Vegan Caramel

Hi guys!  As I mentioned in my last post, dates have been brought back into our home.  I decided I wanted to try a recipe with them, but I could only find homemade versions of Larabars.  I didn't really want to make bars (we just bought plenty of them because they were on clearance at Kroger- total score!),  so I figured I could wing a recipe and it turn out plenty tasty.

Vegan Date Caramel:
Vegan, Gluten Free, Soy Free, Low Sodium

  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 16 medjool dates, pitted
  • 1/4 cup coconut sugar
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
Directions:  Soak dates in warm water for three minutes, then pit each of them.  Add almond milk, dates, coconut sugar, and cinnamon to blender of food processor and blend for one minute on high.  Pour into a storage container and keep in fridge; lasts for 3-4 days.  Makes:  1 cup.   




Before I became vegan, I never really liked caramel, so the title of this recipe may prove false for your tastebuds.  From what I can remember, this dip is similar- sweet, thick, and rich.  It's so easy to make and so delicious- perfect for a quick snack or dessert.


It's fantastic with apples, but I love to warm up an Apple Pie Larabar and drizzle some of this goodness over the top.  However, it's quite high in sugar, so try to have it in small portions.  I know it's tough, but spreading it out means you can enjoy this incredible tastebud explosion for longer.  We all know that good things come in small quantities..

Proved it.

Except when it comes to tea...

And Julia!





Do you like caramel?  How do you use it?

Have a great week!

Comments

Popular Posts