Homemade Coconut Butter

Hi guys!  I have another simple recipe for you today- coconut butter!  This stuff makes a great gift or spread for holiday treats.  

Coconut Butter:
Vegan, Gluten Free, Soy Free, Nut Free
Adapted from:  The Clothes Make the Girl
  • 8 ounces coconut
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
  • pinch or two of sea salt
Directions:  Place all ingredients in a food processor, blending on high for 10-15 minutes.  Scrape down the sides regularly.  Transfer to an air tight container and store at room temperate for up to a week.  Makes: 1 cup.

Coconut butter is liquid heaven.  It's sweet, creamy, buttery- everything you want in a spread can be found in this recipe.  My mom and I baked sweet potatoes for three hours at 350 degrees before making the coconut butter and we found that they were the perfect match.





I didn't even think I liked coconut; turns out, I love coconut in its light, flaky consistency, as white and pure as snow, freshly coating the earth...


It's a pretty simple recipe, really, with just a few ingredients:


 And one instruction:


Blend!

And you're done!

Besides making coconut butter, I've also been spending a lot of time playing Scramble with Friends Alex and killing it.  Boggle is just too fun sometimes.  Otherwise, I'm reading A Game of Thrones, a fantasy novel that is now an original series on HBO.  If you like medieval stories, battles, incest, hot juices dribbling down chins, etc., then you'll love this book.

What's your favorite medieval tale?

Have a great week!  I'm visiting the Atlanta Botanical Garden this week, so I'm looking forward to seeing those, going to a new year's party, and binge watching Lost with one of my friends.  I love breaks!

Comments

Popular Posts