Overnight Honey Cranberry Swirl Bread

Good afternoon!  I made threw together this bread last night after a serious brownie fail (I was in desperate need of redemption) and finished it in 15 minutes this morning.  That's an easy recipe. 


Honey Cranberry Swirl Bread:
Adapted from:  allrecipes. com
  • 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 packet active dry yeast (0.25 ounce)
  • 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp warm water
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 4 Tbsp Smart Balance, or other vegan butter
  • 1 cup soy milk + 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 Tbsp Smart Balance, melted
  • 3 Tbsp local honey
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries (estimation)
Directions:  Dissolve yeast in warm water and set aside for 10 minutes.  Combine flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder in a bowl.  Add vegan butter in by the tablespoon, mixing after each until they're broken down.  Add the dissolved yeast, vanilla, and soy milk + apple cider vinegar and mix well.  The dough should be soft.  Cover with plastic wrap and stick in the fridge.  In the morning:  Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and take out the bread and knead into a square over a floured surface.  Prepare 'Glaze' using butter and honey and add that to the top of the dough.  Sprinkle on your desired amount of cranberries and roll your bread.  Place in a bread pan and brush top of loaf with remaining glaze (if yo have any).  Bake for 25 minutes.  Cool and cut.  Makes:  One 10x5" loaf.

Break Down:
Before rising:

After rising:

Flour your surface (I used a cutting board):

Spread your dough:

Prepare and add your honey glaze:

Sprinkle your desired amount of cranberries:

 Roll and place in a bread pan:

Spread with leftover glaze:

Bake for 25 minutes at 400:

Cut and enjoy!:


This bread is AWESOME.  I've had 4 pieces today! 

I made honey cranberry bread because I wanted some cinnamon raisin swirl bread, but mom doesn't like cinnamon, so I made a few (I substited almost every ingredient) changes in this recipe and it turned out awesome!  I know that many of you still haven't tried the oher bread recipe I've posted, but this one is good for those of you who don't have the ingredients for the other recipe.  Yum...

I went to a wedding this weekend and it was AH-MAZ-ZING.  You know I mean it when it's in all caps.  My Dad and his girlfriend got married, and the entire ceremony and reception was so beautiful and fun.  I don't have any pictures right now because I didn't take my phone with me.  I'll post aboutthe Rehearsal Fiesta soon though!

Exercise Challenge:  April 11th, 2012
Take the stairs:  Whenever you can, for the next couple of days, take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator.  Jog or walk up those flights to feel an extra burn.  For those who work or live on the 20th floor or have a billion groceries:  Only take a couple flights of stairs,  I'm not trying to kill you.  I just want to add an extra burst of exercise to your day. 

In Good News:  I got into a VERY good private school, then same one that my borther goes to.  It makes me soooo happy.  So happy that the acceptance letter I recieved is now my wall paper ;D


WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  I GOT IN!

Well I hope you guys have a nice day.  I'm off to go stand in the kitchen and eat bread because if you stand while eating it doesn't count, right?  (JUST KIDDING)  Bye!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts