PB2: A Review

Hi guys!  I don't know if you've heard about PB2, but it's like peanut butter in powdered form.  It has 45 calories, 1.5 grams of fat, 94 mg of sodium, 2 grams of fiber, 1 gram of sugar, and 5 grams of protein per serving.  Here's what it looks like:


All you do to make it is combine 2 Tbsp of the powder with one Tbsp of almond milk, and shish boom pow you have a ton of 'peanut butter'.

I hadn't bought PB2 before because I had heard bad things about it: it was too chalky, not similar to peanut butter, etc.  But after hearing my friends talk about using it so much, I decided to try it.  I love it!  I used to combine peanut butter with almond milk and stick it in the microwave to melt it, but the powder provides a much easier peanut butter sauce for all my goodies.  It's creamy, light, and nutty.  What's not to love?  I've used it in smoothies,  oatmeal, and pancakes, but I also heard that you can put it on sandwiches.  It might be my new obsession :)


Oatmeal with PB2, walnuts, chocolate, banana fried in coconut oil, and cinnamon.
Oatmeal with chia seeds, matcha, banana, strawberries, walnuts, and a TON of PB2.... That was today 
Oatmeal with flax, PB2 (thickly prepared), cinnamon, dried cranberries, chocolate, blueberries, and walnuts.
It was a darn good  bowl of oatmeal.
It's perfect on Mira's Pancakes too!!!!

Mira's Pancakes + chocolate powder, PB2, maple syrup, blueberries, walnuts, and cinnamon.  Oh my goodness...
There was another one of the pancakes but I dropped it on the floor and it broke and half!  'Fortunately', our dog Bean came to the rescue and immediately gulped it up.  Probably burning her mouth... But she sure didn't care about that while she ate the other half.  You gotta love Bean.


My Dad recently bought a Treaddesk and put it in his office.  He walks on it at about .8 miles per hour while he works.  He's already lost a belt size!  He walks about 10,000 steps a day and his metabolism has jump started.


My question is:  Would you ever buy and use a Treaddesk?  

Have a GREAT weekend!  Go see the Paideia Play!

Comments

  1. I really want to try PB2. when you mix the tbsp and the almond milk how much peanut butter does it make? [approximately?] I actually really want a tread-desk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mix it at a 2:1 ratio of powder to liquid and it makes about 2 1/2 Tbsp of peanut butter or so. Depending on how much liquid you use, it has a thickness similar to real peanut butter or is thinner and saucey and more voluminous.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts