Whipped Nutty Butter

Hi guys! Continuing to work on achieving my goals- so here is a recipe I made last night. For information on how to make nut butter, see this post. It's a new twist on plain ol' pb (although, nothing's quite like a spoonful of peanut butter).

Whipped Nutty Butter:
Vegan, Gluten Free, Soy Free

  • 3/4 cup cashews
  • 1/4 cup almonds
  • 1/4 cup pecans
  • 1/2 cup walnuts
  • 1/2 Tbsp chia seeds
  • 2 Tbsp flax seeds
  • 1 Tbsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup
  • 1/4-1/3 cup almond milk

Directions: Combine nuts and seeds in a food processor and process for about 5-8 minutes, or until the oils start to release. Add cinnamon, maple syrup, and almond milk and process for 5 more minutes until creamy. Transfer to a mason jar and refrigerate.  Makes: ~2 cups.

This nut butter is DE.  LI.  CIOUS.  It tastes like frosting.  It also has a great consistency (also similar to frosting) and it's lighter in calories and fat than regular nut butter.  But now I have to choose between whipped nutty goodness and PB2.  NOOOOOOOOO.


Try it in oatmeal! 

On Friday, three of the Junior High classes went to Hudson Park and danced for women's rights.  It was so fun and inspiring.  My friend wrote a beautiful post about it here.

To Girls From My School Who Read My Blog:
Two teachers are starting an exercise club for girls and it sounds awesome to me.  They'll do Zumba, Pilates, and other various forms of exercise.  They'll meet twice a week from 3:30 to 4:45, so come my friends, COME EXERCISE.  Please.  I just want to make sure you know just in case you haven't seen the many fliers in the hall :)

I'm tallying my miles run again, even though I don't have a goal number or date.  Do you guys have any suggestions?  Would anyone like to compete for more miles or who can run the most miles in a certain amount of time?

I hope you've all enjoyed your day!  Have a nice night!

Comments

  1. A stretch maгk іs genuinely a scarrіng that takeѕ place when thе skin thаt stretcheѕ beyonԁ itѕ
    сapаcity.

    mу wеbsіtе ... continue reading this..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts