Spring Smoothie Parfait

Hi guys!  The weather's getting warmer and more delicious fruits are coming into season, so I thought I'd share a lovely, fruit-filled recipe with you today!  All of the plants are thriving and life has become so vibrant!


For breakfast, I had a parfait.  I love parfaits because it's like a quest and as you work your way through your meal you 'discover' deliciousness.


Fruit & Chocolate Breakfast Parfait:
Vegan, Gluten Free, Soy Free, Low Fat, Low Sodium
  • 2 cups of spinach
  • 1 frozen peach (or about 1.5 cups of frozen peaches)
  • 1/3 frozen mango
  • 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
  • 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
  • 2 cups almond milk (more if needed)
  • 1.5 Tbsp cocoa powder
  • Toppings/ Layers: Granola, Cacao Nibs, Fresh Fruits
Directions:  Blend spinach, fruit, and about two thirds of the almond milk into a delicious smoothie (I prefer my smoothies to be very thick, like sorbet).  Pour half into a cup or jar, add a layer of toppings (like crunchy nibs to surprise and delight you at the halfway point) and blend the other half of the smoothie with cocoa and more almond milk.  Pour the rest into the jar and garnish with the remainder of your toppings of choice.  Serves: 1-3.  



This smoothie is made with fruit and spinach.  Plants benefit from the decayed remnants of fruit and veggies (don't forget to compost guys).  Conclusion: my smoothie is best friends with plants.

Snuggly.
Group selfie!




~~~

While I made this post, I watched this video.

I noticed that 7 of the 8 things on there were not vegan friendly, so that made me feel better (just like a small high five for not eating wood or meat trimmings accidentally), but the information was repelling.  The worst thing about having such a commercialized food industry is that we're unaware of what food actually contains and the harm it can have on our bodies and out world.   

I hate that eating the standardized lies of huge, money grabbing corporations is normal in our society.  People learn about the terrible deeds of companies and shrug them off- the "shocking meat industry" has become commonplace knowledge.  And yet: 

      
We take pride in out self serving ways and make fun of our deliberate ignorance because change and progress is hard work.  At the same time, we applaud ourselves as the go-getter nation.  

We are The United Steaks of America.

I might have made a post for the sake of a pun.  It's pretty funny though, right?

Have a great weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts