Summer Workouts

Hi guys!  It's been super hot recently, so I've been doing more workouts inside, or on my porch with frequent in-the-house water breaks.  Today I wanted to share with you some ideas for hot weather workouts.  Most of them involve fitness-themed youtube videos, and I know you can find those yourself.  BUT there are a ton of them, and I'm just trying to help point you in the right direction.  Nobody needs another excuse to not exercise.

1.  Interval Training.  You can pick 4-10 exercises that you like and do them for 45 seconds each with a 15 second rest, then repeat the sequence as many times as you like.  For example, you can repeat this sequence three or four times:

  • Squat Jumps 
  • Weighted Punches
  • Jumping Jacks
  • Plank
  • Lunges
  • Tricep Dips
  • Crunches
and have a great, total body workout!  Don't forget to warm up and stretch- but you can do all of that in an air conditioned room.

2.  Kickboxing.  Guys, I really like kickboxing.  Lately, I've been doing fitness blender's youtube videos, and they have some good kickboxing workouts.  To workout out my arms more, I hold 3 pound weights for my punches.  Even though the weights are pink and my hair is a mess, I still feel very powerful while I do it.    

3.  Pilates.  Now I have mentioned Blogilates before, so don't be surprised that I'm bringing the site up again.  Cassey, the woman who leads the workouts, is very strong and knows what she's doing.  But she's also super cute and happy and full of things to distract you from the workout burn.  Pilates classes are usually expensive to take, so I always love to use Blogilates as a convenient and budget friendly resource.

4.  Stairs.  This workout might not work for all houses, but if you have stairs, you have a workout.  You can start with fifteen minutes of walking up your stairs + jogging down, then do a couple of minutes of jumping up the stairs or hopping on and off of one.  You can also add some leg pulses and calf raises to make the workout target your entire legs.  

5.  TV/ Pokemon Workout.  Whenever I'm playing Pokemon, I pick one exercise that I'll do for an entire battle or until I complete one task- like sumo squats until I catch Snorlax, etc.  This kind of exercise also works for TV.  When the show you're watching is playing, you can do a move like bicep curls or squats while you watch, then do various moves over the commercial breaks.  For Netflix users, switch up the exercise per scene.  It's an excuse to get creative- you have to think of new exercises because there comes a point where there are just no squats left in your butt muscles.  

6.  One of my own workouts:  like this one.  Or this one.  Or that one.  They're all hard, but great!  I suggest listening to the Avatar the Last Airbender Soundtrack while doing them, because it's epic and the workout's epic and you're epic.

When it cools off in the evening, I'll go throw a disc with my brother or Dad or a friend.  Even when there are bugs and humidity to deter the activity, it's a lot of fun and I try to get someone outside with me everyday.  

How do you exercise in the summer?  

I hope you guys are having a great week!

Comments

Popular Posts