(Almost) Raw Crunchy Kale Salad

Hi guys!  It's been a second since a posted a recipe, so I decided to post one today because I have some extra time before I have to go to the doctor today (I have to get five vaccinations D: ).  I call it an "almost" raw salad because I use maple syrup, which is not raw, but can easily be replaced with raw honey or agave syrup.  Maple Syrup was on sale this week at Kroger, so we have ample amounts of it.  Plus, I favor the taste to honey or agave syrup, so I probably would have used it anyway. 

Before I share this recipe, I want to apologize for pretty much only posting recipes for salads and oatmeal.  Yet, those two things are the staples of my diet and therefor those are the things that I can share with you because they are the things that I make. 



Crunchy Kale Salad:
Vegan, Gluten Free, Optional Raw
  • 4-6 cups raw chopped kale
  • 1 cup chopped chopped bell pepper
  • 1 cup sprouts
  • 1 medium tomato, chopped
  • 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
  • 2 Tbsp flax oil
  • 2 Tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
  • 2 Tbsp (or more) maple syrup or raw honey or agave syrup
  • 1 Tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
  • Sea salt to taste
  • Freshly ground pepper to taste
  • Avocado upon serving (1/4-1/2 per person) and maple syrup to taste
Directions:  Wash your vegetables and chop bell pepper and tomato.  Place kale into a large bowl and add flax oil and vinegar.  Massage until kale is well coated.  Add pepper and sprouts and massage.  I removed some of the seeds from the tomato to help with digestion and added that to the salad and massaged.  Add maple syrup or other sweetener to taste along with red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.  Top with sunflower seeds and refridgerate until ready to serve.   Cut into a fresh avocado and add 1/4 to each salad (if it is a side) and 1/2 to each salad (if it is an entree). 
 
 
Step By Step:


1.  Gather and chop your ingredients:

2.  Gather your dressing ingredients (I left the sweetener because that's up to you):

3.  Put kale into a bowl and massage oil and vinegar into it (to make in tender):

4.  Add bell pepper and sprouts.  Massage:

5.  Deseed and chop the to ma to:

6.  Add and massage (your hands aren't going to be super clean) along with sweetener and seasonings:

7.  Top with sunflower seeds and chill until serving:


I'm going to go ahead and say "SORRY ADRIA" because I did not ask before I used all of this food.  I used about 1/3 bag of chopped kale, 1/2 bell pepper, 1 tomato, 1/2 box sprouts, and the rest of our sunflower seeds.  Also (still talking to Adria) I ate the tiny apple.  Sorry. 



Here's a picture of oatmeal, just because:


Look at that peanut butter O.O


Last night I did not sleep well.  I tossed and turned all night and various limbs kept on falling asleep while I did not.  I think I was kind of hot and uncomfortable.  I went to bed a little after 11 and woke up at 6:45 (and did not fall back to sleep).  Usually, when I wake up and get out of bed it looks pretty much made up with one triangle unfolded from where I exited the bed.  This is how it looks this morning:



Oof.

I've been continuing the push up challenge almost daily.  Since August 4th, my scores have been

August 5th:  34
August 6th:  35
August 8th:  37
August 9th:  40

I'm very pleased with the results so far.  I think my goal for the end of August is 50 push ups in two minutes.  Then we'll see what the next month's challenge is ^.^

As you can see, I did not do the challenge on August 7th.  That day I felt more fatigued than usually and went to bed 3 hours earlier than my regular bed time.  I listened to my body and did not do this intense challenge on that day. 


I hope you guys have a good day!  I'm going to go eat some kale salad then Alex and I are going to walk to get his prescription filled.  Then I will get 5 shots :(  See you later!

Comments

  1. Adair,
    Mi casa, su casa- you are free to use whatever you want! I will leave a wee post-it note on anything I'm saving. Looking forward to the kale salad lefties. Thank you for boosting my run this afternoon!
    love, Adria

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts