Raw Breakfast Recipe (Video)

Hi guys!  First of all I wanted to show you the logo that my "Aunt" Meghan made for the blog!  Isn't it amazing?


Awesome.

Second of all, I made a video today of my breakfast so I wanted to share that with you guys too!  I've never made a video of a recipe before, so I was kind of nervous.  Here it is:






Raw Apple Bananza:
Raw, Vegan, Gluten Free
  • 1 banana
  • 1 apple (washed)
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon (or to taste)
  • 1 Tbsp chia seeds
Directions:  Peel your banana and mash it into a bowl.  Chop your apple into bite-size pieces and place that on top of your banana.  Add cinnamon and mix.  Sprinkle with chia seeds and serve :)

I always think about raw veganism as "time consuming" and that it takes a lot of effort, but this breakfast was really easy!  Faster than my regular breakfast of oatmeal or a parfait.  It was surprisingly filling, too (more filling than cereal!)  So easy and tasty. 

For lunch, I had a raw kale salad that I threw together.  It was really delicious.



It included:
  • 1 handful of kale
  • 1/4 cup chopped carrots
  • 1/4 cup chopped jicama
  • 1/8th orange
  • 1/8th lemon
  • 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar 
  • 2 Tbsp cashew "cheese
For the cashew cheese, I combined soaked cashews, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, garlic, water, salt and pepper and blended until creamy.





And used that as my dressing for my salad:


Loved it.  The cashew cheese dressing didn't really taste like cheese, but it was very good on this salad, especially with the acidity for the vinegar and juices.

Then I started feeling faint.  I couldn't stand up straight and the room started spinning.  I felt kind of sick to my stomach and I knew that I needed some protein.  Alex and I decided to walk over to the coffee shop across the street for a good, protein packed meal.  I ordered a sandwich with tofu (for protein) and hummus (for more protein) with a side of more tofu and a salad.  


After that, I had a mug of kashi + unsweetened soy milk + chia seeds for even more protein.  I feel much better now.  I wasn't hungry before the sandwich, but as I said, I felt like I was going to pass out.  That worried me because I am planning on running this afternoon and I need to have energy while I run.  I do feel much better after that meal, so I suppose I was seriously lacking protein.  I don't know if I'll try raw veganism again because it was kind of scary for me to feel so weak when I am just sitting down.  There will definitely be days that I do eat raw meals, but it's not likely that I will only eat raw meals for an entire day.

Have you ever tried to be raw vegan?  What was your experience?

Have a good day!  I hope you enjoyed my video!

Comments

  1. Enjoyed it ALL! you've inspired me to do my own version of 'interval' walking and YAY! i'm glad you like your logo!

    Love,
    Aunt MeMe :) lol!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts