Eat Breakfast! 10 Breakfast Ideas For School Mornings

Hi guys!  School officially starts for me tomorrow, so I will probably not post much this week!  But I do want to emphasize the importance of breakfast before school (or work, or life).  Breakfast will improve your focus throughout the morning, make you less cranky (teenagers don't really need another reason to be irritated in the early hours of the day, do we?), gives you a reason to get out of bed (it's the only reason I get out of bed, other than the need to pee), helps you lose weight or keep a healthy weight (studies show that people who eat breakfast eat an average of 400 less calories through out the day), and it is the most important meal of the day (along with lunch, dinner, and snacks).  Breakfast looks many different ways for many different people.  Here are some of my breakfasts (in no particular order):

1.  (Soy) Yogurt Parfait with Granola, Fruit, and Chocolate Peanut Butter:


2.  Larabar and Fruit:


3.  Oatmeal (my favorite!):

This oatmeal has chias, walnuts, apples, peanut butter, and maple syrup- yummm
4.  Breakfast Sandwich (tofu, "cheese", tomato) and salad:


5.  Cereal with Chia Seeds, Fruit, and Soy/ Almond Milk:

The chia seeds is what makes this breakfast substantial.
6.  Overnight Oats (really convenient on school mornings- just add toppings and enjoy!):


7.  Open face sandwiches (this one is Ezekiel Sesame Bun with hummus, sprouts, and tofu):

An Adria-inspired breakfast :)

8.  A brunch-ish one is good ever once in a while- waffle with maple syrup, apple slices, tofu scramble, and juice:


9.  A good ol' PB + J (in this case, Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter + Strawberry Jam/ DCPB + SJ):


10.  A bowl of left over grain and fruit, or get crazy with my Back To Basics: Avocado Quinoa Bowl:


I hope you're inspired to eat breakfast now!  I know I am- I already have overnight oats a-soaking in the fridge for my brother and me.  I made mine with 1/3 cup oats, 1 Tbsp chia seeds, 1 Tbsp Soy Protein Powder (smells like Play Doh D:), 1 Tbsp golden raisins, and 1 cup almond milk, and will add my toppings (fruit, pb, nuts, granola, coconut, chocolate, pistachios, cacao nibs, apple butter, maple syrup, honey, etc) tomorrow mernin'.  

I'm so excited to start my new school tomorrow!  I'll keep you guys updated!

Well, because I have a bed time again, I bid you guys good night!  I hope you have a nice school/work week filled with easy breakfasts and packed lunches  (and other nice things that I can't seem to think of).  

What's your favorite week day breakfast?  

Sleep tight!

Comments

Popular Posts