The Best And a Back To Basics Recipe!

Hi guys! I am finding that Paideia is keeping me very busy!  But I am posting most of my meals of instagram, so you can follow me at adairgarr on there if you just can't get enough of me ;)  Onto my recipe!


 
 
Back To Basics: Black Bean Soup:
Vegan, Gluten Free, Soy Free
  • 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 1/2 cup vegetable broth
  • 1/4 cup salsa
  • 1 lime
  • 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
  • 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast, for garnish
  • 2 green onions, chopped for garnish
  • Hotlanta Hot Sauce (I like mine spicy!)
  • Toasted pita or tortillas for dipping (optional)
Directions:  Place black beans and vegetable broth into a pot and bring to a boil.  Lower to a simmer and add salsa, lime, and cilantro.  Let that simmer for 2-3 more minutes, then divide into two bowls.  Toast your pitas or tortillas while you garnish soup with nutritional yeast (which melts like cheese on the soup) and green onions.  Serve with hot sauce and toasted tortillas/pitas.  Serves:  2.
 
This dish is so good and easy!  It's one of my favorites and I love to make it for an easy lunch.  Sometimes I add chopped sweet potato for a new flavor.  
 
 
I've been updating my Pack Your Lunch page quite frequently with new ideas, so check back often!
 

Oh, and my Oatmeal Page.
 
 
 
This blog post is called "The Best" for a reason.  I ordered this salad from Mellow Mushroom on Saturday, and it was the best salad I've ever ordered from there- from anywhere.  With a build-your-own salad menu, it's vegan heaven, and this is what I built:
 
 
Ok, but seriously.
 
 
Heaven Salad from Mellow Mushroom:
  • Spinach
  • Roma Tomatoes
  • Cucumbers
  • Grilled Portabello Mushrooms
  • Tempeh
  • Sprouts
  • Basil
  • Balsamic Vinaigrette
Now, I don't want to tell you what to order, but.... YOU HAVE TO ORDER THIS SALAD.  IT WILL BLOW YOUR MIND GRAPES.
 
Speaking of grapes, (which make raisins, which is a dried fruit, like a date!) I had this dessert the other day and it was fantastic!

 
 
It's a dried date, smothered in peanut butter.  It's like an insta- peanut butter and jelly larabar.  But way cheaper and convenient.  I suppose you could call this a Back To Basics Recipe itself. 
 
 
If you were wondering what vegan torture looks like, it's this:
 
 
^Nutella Army X.X
 
I hope you guys have had a good week!  I'm going to go do some exercising :)  Good night!
 



Comments

  1. nutella torture....although i don't like salads, I'm totally trying that one!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, it's a good salad to try! You might want to go easy on the sprouts if you're a salad-newbie, as sprouts can be a little too... sprouty...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts