Meal Prep: My Love + Chocolate Protein Sauce

Hi guys! I love to make all of my meals for the week so in the morning I can just grab them and go. There are a lot of ways to do this, and usually they involve boiling eggs, cooking chicken, baking quiche, etc. But as a vegan, it becomes more difficult, especially if you true to stick to whole foods. Here's how I do it:

 
I did this on a Monday afternoon, so I prepped four meals and some snacks.  I made
  • 2 deconstructed sushi bowls:  1/3 cup quinoa (or rice), 2/3 cup edamame, 5  chopped sugar snap peas, and 1 Tbsp soy sauce
  • 2 Kale Salads (recipe coming soon!)
  • Trail Mix:  1 cup kashi, 1/3 cup dried cranberries, 1/4 cup almonds, and 3 Tbsp chocolate chips
  • Then I took come apples and Trader Joe's Apple Cherry Bran Muffins
It reduced my stress in the morning by a ton!  And the prep made it possible to use so many more vegetables (I used an entire bag of edamame and sugar snap peas).  I did it again today and it was lovely.  This time I made three salads with tofu, one deconstructed sushi bowl, and one kale salad, plus some tofurkey and bell pepper snacks.

Here's one day where I took a deconstructed sushi bowl, sugar snap peas + red bell pepper, strawberry soy yogurt, 1 Tbsp sliced almonds + 1 tsp chia seeds (for the yogurt), and an apple:

 
Here's another lunch where I took the Kale Salad, Trail Mix, snap peas + bell pepper + cherry tomatoes, an apple, and a muffin:

 
 
Yay for Meal Prep!!!!!

Spending less time on packing my lunch in the morning means more time for breakfast.  I've come up with a new delicious concoction that goes well with most of my breakfasts:

Chocolate Protein Sauce:
  • 1/2 scoop chocolate soy protein
  • 1 Tbsp almond milk
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp stevia or 1 tsp brown sugar
Directions:  Mix all ingredients in a SMALL bowl (I use a soy dish) and nuke for 30 seconds.  It should be slightly thicker (watch it while it's in the microwave because in some dishes it bubbles over).  Stir it and add to breakfast.  I also use this as a base for dessert sometimes, without popping it into the microwave, adding dried cranberries, walnuts, peanut butter, etc.  Serves:  1.

 
^ Here I've made oatmeal with cinnamon, almond milk, vanilla, banana, and love and topped it with the chocolate sauce and some almond butter.

 
^ For pancakes, I replaced the stevia with 1/2 tbsp maple syrup, and topped them with the adapted sauce, pomegranate seeds, and walnuts.  My mouth is watering...

Meal Prep also makes more time for good books...

Read it.  Right now.  Tell your friends.
 
What's the best book you've read in 2013? 

Have a great night!

Comments

  1. My God, I've created a monster with this book... I'm so proud.
    --Julia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts