It's Time For... Granola!

Hi guys!  I have one day of school left, which is pretty darn exciting if you ask me.  Then it'll be summer!!!  I'm going to try to up my game in running terms this summer because I want to be able to run a 5-6 mile race with my Stepmom this August (I'm up to 3 miles).

Here was my run yesterday:

Distance:  3.05 miles
Duration:  34: 21
Hills:  7!!!
Fastest Mile:  10: 13

You guys know how cool I have to get before I hit the pavement:


It was a slow, painful run, pretty much uphill the entire time.  I was planning to do 2.5 miles, but somehow all of a sudden Mapmyrun (on my Iphone) was telling me that I had covered 3 miles, so I stopped running (my house was just across the street anyway).  I jammed out to Soft Bulletin by The Flaming Lips the entire time :)  I only took three walking breaks the entire run, which is good for me (my usual workout is interval training so this was a 'nice' change).  By the way, listen to Feeling Yourself Disintergrate on headphones- it's amazing!

I don't think I'll run today, even though I have plenty of time.  I don't know about running every day, even though I'm not going very far.  I'll probably Bodyrock today or just do some yoga.  I don't want to work my calves too much (they're what I feel most while I run) and end up having shin splits.

In other news... I made granola!


Summertime [Light] Granola
Serves:  9 (8 bags and 1 chef!)

Dry:
  • 2 cups rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup chopped raw almonds
  • 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
  • 1 Tbsp chia seeds
  • 2 Tbsp flax seeds (I like mine whole)
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup goji berries
Wet:
Directions:  Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.  Line a large baking sheet with tin foil and lightly coat with non stick spray.  Combine oats, almonds, quinoa, seeds, salt, cinnamon, and goji berries in a large bowl.  In a small saucepan over low heat on stovetop, stir together applesauce, maple syrup, nut butters, and sugar.  Heat until it becomes a nice dark sauce (a little darker than caramel).  [Turn off the heat]. Add wet ingredients to oat combination and mix very well (until all is sticky/ coated).  Spread onto baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, then stir.  Bae for 10-12 more minutes, until golden brown.  Cool for 20 minutes.  Sample :)


All ingredients combined:


Spread onto the baking sheet:


After 10 minutes:

Go ahead, take a bite of its chewy deliciousness.

After 12 more minutes:

It looks exactly the same, but now it's more golden and there are a few bites missing O.O

You can put it into a mason jar or tuberware container for storage, or you can spoon it into convenient sized bags for an upcoming trip to New York!!!


Just make sure to save enough for the hard worker!

Chop and add some apple:


Pour in some almond milk for creaminess:


And you take your reward.

I've been working hard on the blog!  I still don't know how to get previous posts more accessable!  I've added a new feature, though:  Most popular posts.  It's over there -->

Or maybe I'll change it so it would be over here  <--

Hmm... While we think about it how about some burpees!

Exercise Challenge- May 23rd, 2012
25 Burpees.  I can't believe we're already 1/4th done!  It deserves a new burpee.  Hmmm... Got it!  Open It Up Burpee:  Starting in a squat, jump your feet into plank.  Rotate your body to the left and lift your right arm so that you're in side plank.  Turn back into plank and jump your feet between your hands, then jump with your arms overhead.  Do the same on the other side.  This was 2 reps, comple 25.

Last night I did my burpees at 10:14 and they were a burning!  Don't put your burpees off people!  Do them before you eat dinner, during your workout, while you're in a bathroom at a restaurant, anywhere!  If you do them now you won't have to do them then!

I have to share a question that I had on my homework yesterday that made me laugh out loud.


 Love A! 

What do you guys think the answer is?  Have you ever taken agriculture mechanics? 

Have a great Wednesday!  I know I will due to some heavenly granola :)

P.G.W.  I made a vegan mac and cheese recipe the other night, and it tasted very good (my mom loved it), but not at all like mac and cheese.  Would you guys like me to share it?  I would probably call it something besides Mac and Cheese because it honestly did not taste like mac and cheese to me! 

Comments

  1. I would think the answer is D, although the drafters of A surely were amused by their own cleverness in coming up with that option. As for whether I have ever taken agriculture mechanics, not formally, but I did tend a big garden for several years back in Midfield (in the grueling Alabama summer sun!!!).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts