Thai Crunch Salad

Hello!  I hope you guys are enjoying your day!  I wanted to share with you my dinner last night- I made one of the best salads I have ever had- all of the flavours and textures complemented each other very well!  I'm a proud girl.  Before I get to this amazing salad, though, does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do for blisters?  I have a nasty one on my foot that hurts like crazy (I went running yesterday).  My stepmom gave me these amazing running socks for Christmas (they feel like you're running on clouds), but of course my dryer ate one of them.  Do you guys have any tips for blisters?

Straight from feet blisters to food :)



Thai Crunch Tofu Salad:
Inspied by Jackie's Mexican Salad

Salad:
  • 1/2 block tofu, drained and cubed
  • 1 cup baby carrots, diced
  • 2 celery stalks, diced
  • 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped or sliced
  • 1/2 avocado, cubed
  • 1/2 apple, diced
  • 4 cups greens (I used spinach)
  • 1/2 cup cashews, chopped
  • 2 leaves of basil, rolled and chopped to make little strips (I forgot what it's called- chiraffed or something)
Dressing/ Marinade:
  • 1-2 Tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil or sesame oil
  • 1 inch ginger, chopped
  • 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/2 tsp white pepper
  • 1/2-1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (if you like it spicy!)
  • 1/4 cup water (I added this because it tasted so salty from the soy sauce)
Directions:  Prepare the dressing/ marinade in a small bowl or jar by shaking or whisking all of the ingredients together. Drain the tofu and cube it.  Put it in a bowl with 1/3 of the marinade and let it sit while you prepare your salad.  Chop all of your veggies and fruit and place them on top of your greens.  Sprinkle with chopped cashews and basil.  Top each salad with half of the tofu and drizzle each salad with more dressing.  I used about two tablespoons of the dressing for each salad.  Enjoy with some Spicy Peanut Soup for more Thai flavor!  Serves: 2 (entree sized portions) or 4 (side salad portions).


Here's the tofu:


I let it sit while I chopped the veggies and prepared the rest of the salad:


Enjoy with a fork and be made fun of by your family- but they're just jealous!


I really think my Dad would enjoy this salad.  The tofu has a very nice and simple flavor to it and all of the different textures of the salad (the crunch from the veggies/apple/cashews, the buttery goodness from the avocado, the soft but flavor-packed tofu) really make it amazing.  Oh- such a fantastic dinner!

It served two: me for dinner, and me for lunch today :)

How I Made The Tofu:
I prepared the tofu by draining the water, sticking it in the microwave for three and a half minutes, draining the water again, then cutting into it.  I like it warm!


My mom has decided to go gluten free because she's worried she may have Celiac Disease (which 1 in 133 people have!).  This is what I made for her for breakfast this morning (she's not vegan):

Two scrambled eggs with salt and pepper, romaine with 1/3 avocado, and banana slices with crunchy peanut butter- yum (she said)!

There's my thumb ^.^

If you guys have been checking out my Oatmeal Page, them you might have noticed something strange in my oatmeal.

And by strange, I mean green...


Life lesson: Never try to pack your lunch and make your breakfast at the same time before you have you Chai Spice Black Tea.  Or at least use seperate cutting boards.  *Sigh*

Exercise Challenge- May 10th, 2012
12 Burpees.  If you're new, see this post for instructions on how to do this exercise.  Have fun!

Please take one minute out of your days to do burpees- they're the best overall exercise with cardio and strength, working your arms, abs, butt, thighs, and calves (and really your mind too- burpees get in your head O.O) 

I'm sorry it's so hard to comment!  I tried commenting from school and it wanted to make sure I wasn't a robot.  What the celery slices in your oatmeal?  Why would they think a robot would be commenting?

I hope you guys have a good day!  Don't forget to eat breakfast (looking at you teenagers all over the country and Dad).  Enjoy your afternoon :)

Comments

  1. This is a cool salad! aww you were inspired by me :D lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts