Saturday Brunch

I LOVE SATURDAY.  It's the perfect time to spend forever on breakfast (when I usually spend 5 mintues on breakfast making oatmeal).  I woke up right at 6:00 AM (on Saturday!) and ran downstairs with a growling tummy.  By 6:50 I was sitting on the couch with a tray in front of me, enjoying an episode of 30 rock and smacking because there was no one awake [on Earth] to tell me not to.  :D

I guess it wasn't brunch because it was 7 in the morning, which is the definition of breakfast for me, but I still enjoyed it, even though I had to snack between 'brunch' and lunch (cough cough, two more brownies, cough cough).  And edamame to balance it out :)


I got started by cooking some homemade veggie burgers (in lieu of Morningstar [Evil] Veggie Patties) in the oven.  While they were cooking, I threw together pancakes:


Single Serving Pancakes:
Adapted From: A Hungry Spoon
  • 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
  • 2 Tbsp oats
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • Pinch of sea salt
  • 2 tsp brown sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup soy milk
  • 1/3 cup blueberries + 1 Tbsp (for topping)
  • 1/2 banana, sliced
  • 1 Tbsp maple syrup
  • 1 Tbsp coconut oil
Directions:  Heat coconut oil in a nonstick skillet on medium heat.  Mix all ingredients together in a regular sized bowl (except for the 2 Tbsp blueberries, banana slices, and maple syrup).  Pour half of the batter (about 1/3 cup) into the skillet.  Cook for 2-4 minutes, until bubbles start to pop up on the top of the pancake, them flip over.  Cook for 2-4 more minutes, untl desired crispiness on the bottom.  Repeat with the rest of the batter.  Top with sliced bananas and blueberries.  Serve with maple syrup.  Makes: 2 pancakes.

By this time I pulled the mini veggie burgers out of the oven and topped them with half of an avocado (1/4th of the avocado each):

Topped with freshly ground black pepper!

And I pulled this baby out of the freezer and warmed it up:


It's a gluten free and vegan brownie.  Intense!  So chocolatey (only on  Saturdau would this smehow slip into breakfast :)

Served with Maple Syrup:

In a shot glass ;)

And green tea (surprising, isn't it?)


The whole shebang (made awesome by an app on my phone):

Made for a happy tummy.

I worked out hard today because it's a year (to the day) of when I found Bodyrock.tv on youtube!  I've lost 20+ pounds and 5 pants sizes (from 13 to 3/ 10 to 2).  Thank you bodyrock!

I also want to shout out to my friend Sellers- HAPPY BIRTHDAY SELLERS!  I'll do the burpees toda in your honor...

Exercise Challenge- May 12th, 2012
14 Burpees for Sellers.  Make them extra awesome because Sellers is amazing!  And it's only her birthday once a year so make these count or else!   >:[

I had leftover pizza from Mellow Mushroom for lunch:

Gluten Free Vegan Pizza with pizza sauce + a spinach salad w/ Roma tomatoes, celery, and more pizza sauce
Served with... Green Tea!


Delicious!  I still had hunger pains afterword (SO HUNGRY TODAY) so I made a bowl of Fiber One and topped it with the peel from 3 apples and crunchy peanut butter (topped with lots of almond milk):


I know I'm a weirdo- but I'm not going to throw the peel away!  I'm not made out of money here D:

*Almond milk is a new love of mine!  I really like it because it has a nice nutty flavor that complements the peanut butter well.  I buy Unsweetened Almond Breeze from the cereal aisle (my favorite aisle) for $1.97 per pint.  Pretty expensive, but very good and gluten free!

I've been making more gluten free things lately because Mom thinks she's allergic to gluten so I have a high chance of being allergix too.  I don't think I am, because eating bread has never made me feel bad the way that milk or eggs do, but I've reduced my gluten intake anyhow.

I hope you guys have a nice day!  I'm going to go and snack on some veggies!

Comments

Popular Posts