Return To Dulce Vegan/ Overnight Oats With My Bestie

Hi guys!  This is the post I was excited about!  We, of course, went back to Dulce Vegan and got more food.  It was really good (again), so I though I should share it with you guys (again).  These photos are from two seperate times.  The first set of photos is of brunch with my Dad (where we ended up staying for two hours because the lunch crowd came in and we couldn't even get the check since they were sobusy, let alone more ice for Dad's tea) and the second set of photos is of lunch with my brother and Dad (even though I only photographed my food since they wanted to eat theirs as soon as they got them ;)

Brunch:

I got another breakfast sandwich, this time on an English Muffin with only the 'egg' and 'cheese'.  I think I prefer the English Muffin for breakfast sandwiches because it doesn't crumble as easily as the biscuit does (even though the bisuits are delicious).  It was wonderful, anyhoo, but I want to try the combination of 'sausage' and 'cheese' too, to see if I prefer it to the 'egg' and 'cheese' (although I don't think I will, because the 'egg' tastes like nutritional yeast, and you guys know how I love my nutritional yeast!)


On the side of my breakfast sandwich I got a salad (because I was very curious of their Raw Kale Salad which came with a Tahini Cashew Dressing).  All about balance, right?  Honestly, I didn't love it.  I tasted the dressing and decided didn't like it, which wasn't a surprise because I don't really like the taste of tahini.  I didn't have to add any of the dressing to it, though, because the kale was already marinating in a lemon-oil mixture.  All in all, I think while healthy fats are good, they kind of went to far by adding oil, cashes, pecans, and avocado.  The kale was really chewy and not really enjoyable, and it of course got stuck in my teeth. 


We ordered a big pot of black tea and got some Hemp Milk to try in it.  I put just a splash in my cup and it was amazing (yes I use all types of fanciness because it was that good).  I swear, it tasted like my grandmother's blueberry cobbler, topped with vanilla ice cream.  I always want to get a dessert from Dulce because they all look so good, but this was the perfect dessert.  Dad had a vegan bagel with soy cream cheese that he really enjoyed too (can't go into detail because I didn't try it!)

Lunch:


We started out with tea (I don't really have to explain to you guys our feelings about tea).  It was tea (I'm using that as a positive adjective).  Dad and Alex both ordered sandwiches that looked exactly the same to me, so I won't even both trying to posta picture of both of them and explain each one. 


Again, we got the Chickpea Lentil Soup.  Last time I said it was okay and let Dad have most of it, but this time I loved it.  I was actually craving it before we got there!  I guess my taste buds jump around, but gosh it was good.  Especially with a little help from it's friends...


Oh, biscuit, how I love [to crumble] thee [into a bowl of Chickpea Lentil Soup].  I love the combination of soup + bread!  These biscuits are wonderful!  There's a hint of sweetness to them which I love.


Of course, it wouldn't be a complete meal without a salad.  Luckily for me, this one was amazing!  It was perfectly dressed, and the little segments of orange were glorious in it (I have never put oranges on my salads~ but it's fantastic!)  It was so nice and light!  The argula was so crisp and the walnuts were so buttery, I would give this salad five stars.  I don't know if anyone else agrees because I didn't let anyone try it. 
(By the way, my standards for salads are very low, as I happily much on a salad made of spinach, celery, carrots, and lemon juice).

Go to Dulve Vegan!  I'll definitely go back there (for blogging reasons, of course ;)
I love when people try my vegan food and love it!  My best friend came over last night (and coming over again tonight- I love summer!) and we made overnight oats.  This was her mix:

                                
  • 1/3 cup oats
  • 1 Tbsp chia seeds
  • 2/3 cup soy milk (I eyeballed this)
  • ~6 raspberries
In the morning, she added:
  • 1/2 banana
  • Handful of blueberries
  • Layer of peanut butter sauce (2 Tbsp creamy P.B. + 2 Tbsp soy milk -> microwave for 20 seconds)
  • Lots of Post Grape Nuts, for supreme crunch
  • 1/3 apple
  • Another layer of peanut butter sauce (which we split between the two of us)
She filled that jar to the top!


She didn't finish it all, but she ate a good bit and I think she really liked it (before she dropped it on the ground... You have to love her to death).  She had to go trail riding right after breakfast, so I was glad she had such a substantial one. 



Exercise Challenge- May 26th, 2012
28 In/Out Burpees.  I figured out what to call them!  Start in a squating position with your feet on the outer sides of your hands (you should look like a frog about to hop).  Jump into plank with your feet still wide apart.  Step your feet in towards each other and your hands shoulder width apart.  Jump your feet between your hands and jump up.  Get back into a low squat, this time with your hands on the outer sides of your feet.  Jump your feet into plank and step your feet out (so that they are wider than hip width apart) and your hands in.  Jump your feet back into a frog-squat and jump up.  This was two reps; do 28.  I told you one it was a tough one!  But so fun (right?)

Blogger Confession:  I haven't done my burpees the last two days D:  I'll get bck on it- I promise!

Here's a fun quote that I saw on Pinterest today:
"Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die."  --Buddha.

Have you ever heard anyone say the word 'Planetship'?  Dad?

Have a nice Saturday!  I'm off to cook Pita Pizzas for a crowd!

Comments

Popular Posts