Overnight Oats: Three Ways

Hi guys!  This post is very exciting for me- for some reason, I really like posts where you start with a core recipe and make different variations of it.  I'm glad that I get to make a post like it!

Basic Overnight Oats:
Serves: 1
  • 1/3-1/2 cup oats
  • 1/2-1 cup almond milk (1 cup if you are using seeds)
  • 1 Tbsp chia seeds or ground flaxseeds (optional)
Directions:  Mix all ingredients in a bowl (or a peanut butter jar <3) and set in the fridge overnight.  In the morning, take them out and stir them and add your toppings and sweeteners.

Variations:


Crunchy Apple Overnight Oats:
Serves:  1
  • 1 Basic Overnight Oats Recipe
  • 1 Gala or Pink Lady Apple, chopped
  • 1 Tbsp Dried Cranberries
  • 2 Tbsp Almonds
  • 1 Drizzle of Honey




Tropical Orange Overnight Oats:
Serves: 1
  • 1 Basic Overnight Oats Recipe
  • 1 Orange, chopped
  • 1 Tbsp Dried Cranberries
  • 2 Tbsp Sweetened Shredded Coconut




Banana Sunrise Overnight Oats:
Serves: 1
  • 1 Basic Overnight Oats Recipe
  • 1/2 Banana, chopped
  • 2 Tbsp Dry Roasted Unsalted Peanuts, chopped
  • 1 Tbsp Golden Raisins
  • Sprinkle of Cinnamon


Another thing I wanted to share with you guys was my workout yesterday- it was amazing!  I had both my brother and me sweating like crazy, but it was very energizing and fun.  Here it is:

Part 1:  Warm Up
  • Light Stretching
  • 25 Jumping Jacks
  • 20 High Knees
  • 25 Jumps
  • Run 1 Mile~ we ran it in 9:19!!! That's my personal best!  My other personal best was 10:29, so we blew that one out of the water!
(Water + Restroom Break)

Part 2:  Abs
  • 1 Minute of Leg Lifts
  • 1 Minute of 3 Touch Sit Ups or Crunches
  • 1 Minute of Push Up and Side Plank with Tuck (to the left)
  • 1 Minute of Push Up and Side Plank with Tuck (to the right)
  • 1 Minute of Elbow Plank with Knee Taps
Part 3:  Burn Out- 10 Minutes of:
  • 6 Lunges
  • 5 Downdog to Updog and Back
  • 5 Jump Squats
  • 5 Push Ups

(I completed 9 Rounds)

Part 4: Stretching

First we cool down a little by marching in place, then we stretch for about 15 minutes.  I started yesterday by beginning in a straddle, then leaning forward and rotating my legs so that they were behind me.  It really loosens me up for all of the stretches to come.  Alex and I use each other while we stretch by grabbing each others hands and pulling.  This results in Alex leaning forward 4 inches and my chest touching my knees, so we both get a good stretch ;) 

I would highly suggest a partner when you workout (if one is accessible) because they make you push harder and make the workout less like a task and more like your spending time with a buddy.  Alex pushes me hard during our runs (he's 6' 1" and I'm 5' 3", so it's pretty hard to catch up with him) and I push him during abs, the burn out, and we take turns instructing the stretching.

Have you ever had an exercise partner?  Did it make you enjoy exercising more or push harder while exercising?

Well that's all I have to share with you guys for today!  I hope you enjoy the rest of your Wednesday!  I'm off to go work in the office ;)

Comments

Popular Posts