Pepper Baked Tofu

Hi guys! I made this recipe the other night and my family loved this tofu. It was so tender! It had very nice flavor to me and I bet I'll make it again.  It was very easy to make too!


Pepper Baked Tofu:
Adapted from:  stemartaen.com
  • 1 block of firm or super firm tofu, drained
  • 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 2-3 Tablespoons Dale's Reduced Sodium
  • 1/4- cup water
  • 1/2 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
  • 1/4 tsp ground coriander
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1/2 tsp dried basil
  • 1 tsp crushed red pepper
  • 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Directions:  Drain your block of tofu.  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Combine olive oil, Dale's, water, garlic, and seasonings.  Whisk.  Cut your tofu into 8-9 slices and place into an 8" x 8" baking dish.  Add your marinade.  Let sit for 10-15 minutes.  Bake for 15-20 minutes.  Let cool for 5 minutes, then gently serve (the tofu is super tender, which is one reason I like it so much).  Serves: 4-8 (depending on whether you serve it as a main dish or as a side).

Variation:  Drain your block of tofu.  Combine olive oil, Dale's, 1/2-1 cup water, twice as many spices, and 1 clove of minced garlic.  Slice your tofu into 8-9 pieces and place in a tuberware container with the marinade.  Place in the fridge and pull slices out as sandwich toppings, burrito fillers, pita stuffers, etc. 


Step By Step:

1.  The spices:

2.  The marinade:

3.  The draining tofu:

4.  The slicing of the tofu (sounds so significant!):

5.  Placed inside the baking dish (is it kind of snug in there?):

6.  Covered with marinade and let soak up all the tasty goodness:

7.  After baking for 20 minutes:

8.  Serve as you like:

I served mine plain with some lemon.


Alex had his on a sandwich with vegannaise, mustard, tomato, and spinach.


^The veggies are from my Papa's garden!  Sauteed spinach and zucchini + raw tomato



It was so, so good.   I would suggest slicing the tofu thickly, so it's nice and meaty.  I have a fun post coming up soon, so check back!

I've been very busy in the kitchen lately.  I have been baking bread and preparing all meals for my mom, my brother, my best friend, and myself.  Before I even eat breakfast I do the dishes.  My day pretty much looks like this:

  1. Wake up
  2. Get dressed, brush my teeth, etc.
  3. Turn on Coffee Pot (which we make our tea in)
  4. Do Dishes
  5. Cook Breafast
  6. Watch Lost with Alex and Sellers
  7. Workout
  8. Cook Lunch
  9. Watch More Lost
  10. Practice Piano or Read
  11. Do Dishes/ Clean Up a little more
  12. Play Games with Alex and Sellers
  13. Eat Snack
  14. More Lost
  15. Leave the house (visit family, Wal Mart, buy movie tickets, etc.)
  16. Make Dinner (which usually takes about 40 minutes)
  17. Watch Lost or Fraiser
  18. Bake Bread
  19. Snack on Bread
  20. Sleep
As you can see, I watch a lot of TV (because it's summer and I'm really into Lost right now).  It's kind of a productive day, and the kitchen is cleaned regularly.  The couch is always a mess because Sellers and Alex tend to throw pillows on the floor or something (I don't know how it really happens).  Sometimes I workout after lunch instead of before.  I still don't workout everyday because it wears me out too much.

I also work on the blog quite frequently.  Check out my updated Recipe and Oatmeal pages! 

I'm in the middle of a growth spurt (or have just gone through one).  I think I'm taller, but definitely, ah, developing into "a yound woman".  I think I need more sleep.  I sleep about 8-9 hours, but I think a little more wouldn't hurt.  The problem is, I get out of bed to use the bathroom about 8 (I drink a lotta tea), and my best friend wakes up and is ready for breakfast (or she takes that 2 minutes to turn over and leave 1 foot on either side of the bed for me to go back to sleep in ;)  It's okay because I love her to death, so I just go downstairs and (of course) clean.  Right now she's riding her horse, but she should be here soon!

I hope you guys have a nice Tuesday!  See you soon!

Comments

  1. Thanks so much for the index of activities! I was just saying to Adria "I wonder what Adair is up these days" and now I know down to the 20th detail! Thanks! See you again on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts