Super Speedy Single Serving Falafel

Happy Independence Day!  We have plans to go tubing and to watch fireworks this afternoon, and that will be so fun! 

This morning I donned my red and  white shirt with a pair of blue jeans to show how patriotic I am :)

I'm sorry I didn't share that recipe yesterday, but we went to a mountain and hiked around a little, then went to the grocery store, then I worked out and showered, and all of a sudden we were playing Scattergories and eating a delicious collection of grilled foods.  Time got away from me!

But I decided to post this morning so that won't happen again!

This recipe is barely a recipe- kind of something that I just threw together for lunch one day.  I was craving Greek food, and since we had pitas, hummus, and a couple of chickpeas, I made a Falafel!



























Single Serving Falafel:
Adapted from: Various Pinterest Recipes :)
  • 1/3 cup chickpeas
  • 2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
  • 1 garlic clove, chopped
  • 1-4 Tbsp water, to help it along
  • 1/4 tsp cumin
  • 1/4 tsp curry powder
  • 1/4 tsp coriander
  • 1/4 tsp chili powder
  • 1 pinch of sea salt, to taste 
  • 1 spray olive oil
Directions:  Combine chickpeas, olive oil, and garlic in a small food processor and blend until the chickpeas are mashed.  If it seems to dry or does not combine, add water by the tablespoon until you reach desired consistency (you want it to be dry enough to shape with your hands though).  Add spices and salt and blend again until combined.  Scoop out your chickpea dough and shape one to two balls and add them to a heated pan sprayed with olive oil.  Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, or until brown and crispy.  Serve over salad, in a pita, as a burger, or eat it crab cake style with some vegan aioli.


I served mine in a pita with hummus, tomato, avocado, sprouts, paprika, and salsa on the side for dipping.  It was amazing!  Eaten while watching Harry Potter 2!!

Have you ever made a delicious improv meal?  Share the recipe in the comments!

 I don't want to keep you guys from your holiday!  Have a good one!

Comments

Popular Posts