Greek Style Couscous

Hi guys! I'm loving this trail mix! It's been in pretty much all of my breakfasts recently and some lunches but also as snacks :)



Thanks Whole Foods!

This weekend I visited my Mom.  She works as a teacher and doesn't have a lot of time for meal prep, so I helped her with that!  I made 2 servings of overnight oats, some turkey wraps, chopped some veggies, made a little meal of leftovers (curry, rice, coconut, and golden raisins), and a batch of this salad:


Greek Style Couscous:
Vegan, Nut Free
  • 2 boxed of Roasted Garlic and Olive Oil couscous
  • 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • 1 cucumber, deseeded and chopped
  • 1/2 red onion, peeled and chopped
  • 1/4 cup roasted red peppers from a jar, chopped
  • 2 Tbsp banana peppers, minced
  • 1/2 fresh orange pepper, chopped
  • 4 artichoke hearts, chopped
  • 2 Tbsp minced basil
  • Garnish with:  chopped olives (I don't like them), goat cheese (not for vegans!), avocado, spinach, lemon juice
Directions:  Cook the couscous according to package directions (with the packet).  Place into a large mixing bowl and add chickpeas, red peppers, banana peppers, and artichoke hearts.  Wait until the couscous has cooled before adding cucumbers, onion, and basil.  Serve chilled with garnishes.  Serves: 8.


Before you guys add any lemon juice or vinegar to this salad, taste a couple of bites of it.  I liked the taste of the pepper and artichoke heart juices as well as the subtle hint of basil. I think that if you leave the dressing out of it, you really taste the salad's ingredients' flavors. 


This salad was so good!  Alex and I each ate 3 bowls.  We've already made another batch for Mom to eat during the week.  It has so many amazing textures and different flavors.

You guys, I apoligize for not being able to post more!  Paideia is hard.  This was a poem that I turned it after revising twice (so I could revise it again):


(I blurred it so you couldn't see it but you get the point).  This was a picture that I posted to instagram with the caption: "Dinner with a side of homework":


Adria cooked that: it's half tofu scramble, half quinoa, avocado, cherry tomatoes, basil, and peach hot sauce.  I have a couple of hours of homework every night but my printer doesn't work so that's where everything gets really complicated D:

One thing that I have been keeping up with is the oatmeal page:

1/3 cup oats, 2/3 cup water, almond milk, flax, cinnamon, vanilla, figs, apples, regular peanut butter, and chocolate peanut butter

1/2 cup oats, 1 cup vanilla soy milk, 1 Tbsp chia seeds, cinnamon, maple syrup, blueberries 

1/3 cup oas, 1 Tbsp chia seeds, 1 cup soy milk, 1 banana, 1 Tbsp peanut butter, maple syrup

Unfortunately, right after I ate that oatmeal with figs, I noticed that the rest of the figs had worms crawling out of them!!! AHHHH.  I guess that's not vegan...

You wanna know what I eat when it's not worms or oatmeal?  Wierd stuff...
\
Kashi with flax and banana, with soy protein powder/spinach/ almond milk
Maybe I should stick with the oatmeal...

What's the weirdest thing you eat?

I hope you guys have a good week!  

Comments

Popular Posts