Worn And Hungry

Hi guys!  Adria and I are continuing with our half marathon training!  We're up to 9 miles!  Some days, the run is strong, other days not so much.  Sometimes I feel tired and worn out, but the 5 mile trot is starting to be easier and easier.

There has been some good eats!  Adria has made me realized that when you're burning 700-1200 calories a day with running, you can pretty much eat what you want to.  As a vegan, that means more trips to Whole Foods for daiya cheese and granola.  Yay!
 
Black Bean Soup (which I had three huge bowls of) with tomatos, daiya cheese, and avocado!

Cinnamon Raisin Bagel from Bagel Palace smothered in peanut butter and apple butter.  Balanced?  Sure :)
Some days more than others, hunger strikes me and my stomach growls at random points- even while or right after I'm eating.  Especially on the day after really intense workout days (exercise tends to make me lose my appetite or make it smaller for a couple of hours, and since I usually exercise in the evenings, the day after is when the hunger monster kicks in).  Examples of a really intense exercise day is any run 7 + miles or a day when I do a Bodyrock workout and run- like this one:

First I did the three rounds of Bodyrock Marine Corps Workout:


Then I repeated all three rounds as directed:


^That's better.

Then Adria texted me asking if I wanted to run.  I told myself, "If she says 3 miles, I'll go.  If she says 5 miles, I won't."

She said 4.36 miles.  I went.  I regretted it towards the beginning, but we finished strong. 

Post run:


2 rest days followed.

Rest days that were filled not with rest, but with homework:

I'm working so hard everyday (I'm actually putting off homework with this post- stop staring at me poem!).  It's really hard to not have a working printer- I have to email it to my dad to print it out at work or myself to print it out at school before it's due.  Stressful x.e

At Paideia, you can either bring your lunch or but Pi Bites, which is a system where every day, different restaurants come in and bring food that you filled out a week before on an online order sheet.  It gets really complicated if you're a vegan, so I bring my lunch (I also don't want t have to weight in that 100 kid long line).  Check it out on my Packed Lunch page (today I will be adding 5 new lunches from this week). 


I eat oatmeal 3/5 days of the school week (other days I have coconut yogurt parfaits, cereal, or bagels), so if you have ever tasted oatmeal and loved it (or hated it but you should give it another chance with chocolate), there are plenty oatmeal recipes my Oatmeal Page.  I'll be adding 3 more today :) 


Now I have to go do Homework :(  Please leave comments or questions or things you think about sometimes...

What's the hardest workout you've ever done?

Have a nice Saturday!  Happy Fall!

Comments

Popular Posts