Homemade Museli

Hi guys!  Thank you for your positive comments on my post about my struggles with eating.  But now back to food!


Homemade Museli:
Vegan, Soy Free
  • 2 cups raw oats
  • 1 cup slivered almonds
  • 3/4 cup roasted and salt pumpkin seeds
  • 1/4 cup raisins
  • 1/4 cup dried cranberries
  • 2 Tbsp goji berries
  • 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
Directions:  Combine all ingredients in a glass jar.  When ready to eat, serve with almond milk, over yogurt, as overnight oats, or combine with milk in a pot and serve as oatmeal.  Makes:  8 1/2 cup servings.


I always want to buy museli whenever we're in a grocery store, but Adria always reminds me it's so easy to make at home and it's so much cheaper.  This is the first time I've ever gotten around to doing it!  I didn't use a recipe, I just used what we have in our cabinets and it turned out fantastic!


Please, do not leave out the chocolate chips.  They are the best part.



Yesterday, Adria and I went out for an 8 mile run, but my Run4Good app told me we actually ran 8.58 miles and total we covered about 9.4.   Woot!  I had some supplies with me for such a long run:


  • Fanny Pack
  • Chapstick (my lips get really dry when I run)
  • Bag of dried figs
  • Gymboss interval timer (we run for 3 minutes, walk for 1 minute, and repeat for the entire run)
  • My phone (which I used to take the picture)
Adria also takes her phone and some money.  We bought two bottles of water and a peanut butter powerbar on the way (and it was delicious and it worked!)

Post run I ate a veggie burger, some vegan mac and cheese (which is really penne and tofu in nooch sauce), a pita, some tons of hummus, carrots, cucumbers, and hot sauce to help it all taste like salt :)  I did not take a picture but rather devoured it.

This morning, I was starving for breakfast, so I made a huge filling bowl of oatmeal...



It included tons of goodies, including:
  • Rolled oats
  • Vanilla Almond Milk
  • Chia seeds
  • Cinnamon
  • Vanilla Extract
  • A pinch of salt
  • A spoonful of peanut butter
  • A crumbled vegan blueberry muffin from Whole Foods!  Best part (peanut butter excluded)


Served with a side of peach!  Loved it.  Peaches are one of my favorite fruits (but do I say that about all fruits?!)


  Best dern bowl of oatmeal because it was 30% oats and 70% muffin and peanut butta!
It deserves a medal.

I have started to take cello lessons.  They're hard on my right wrist.  It's starting to really cramp up and I find myself having to stop playing so I can rotate and pop it.  I do like to play the cello, though, and I'm excited to learn more about it.

Adria and I stretched and stretched last night, mostly working on our hips.  I hold most of my tension there, and the stretching was hard but they are not as sore.  So please, when you're sore or tight somewhere, have a good, 15 minute stretching session mostly focused on that place.  It's so good for you and you'll feel loads better :)

Now I'm off to post on the Oatmeal Page!

Where do you keep your tension?  What do you do to relieve it?

Have a nice Sunday!

Comments

Popular Posts