Banana Nut Protein Bread + JULIA'S BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Hi guys! Remember the Blueberry Date Protein Bread I posted earlier this month? Well, my family, eh, delicately scarfed it down in two days, so I decided I should make it again. But we were out of blueberries. And dates. So it was time for a recipe adaption!

 
Banana Nut Protein Bread:
Vegan, High Protein
Adapted from:  Blueberry Date Bread
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup plant fusion vanilla protein powder
  • 1/2 cup PB2
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 cup soy milk
  • 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
  • 1/4- 1/2 cup soy milk (depending on the type of protein powder you use)
  • 2 small ripe bananas, sliced
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
  • 3 Tbsp vegan chocolate chips
  • 1 tsp earth balance, to grease the pan
Directions:  Preheat oven to 375.  Combine 1 cup of soy milk with vinegar in a cup and set aside.  Mix flour, powder, PB2, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl.  Mix milk, oil, and vanilla and add to dry ingredients.  Stir and add more soy milk as needed.  Stir in 1 chopped banana and 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, and transfer to a greased baking dish.  Top with walnuts, banana slices, and chocolate chips.  Bake for 30 minutes.  Cool before slicing.  Makes:  12 slices.
 

The banana and nuts made such a delicious difference!  I love the taste of baked blueberries and dates, but this recipe is SO good and decadent.  The bread has a great sweet, moist consistency and the walnuts and chocolate chip make it crunchy and rich.  Try this bread!

Yum... Baked bananas:


Yum... Baked OOEY GOOEY CHOCOLATE CHIPS:

 
No favorites, no favorites ;D


On another note, it's my friend Julia's birthday today!!!! She's 14!  I met her this year, but she's one of the best people I've ever met and I will always be happy to receive a call, text, or link from her :)  She's introduced me to all of my new obsessions, two of my all-time favorite books, and shares my love for tea.  You know that you have a friend when they share their tea with you.

 
*I apologize for the stalkeriness of this photo ^ I found it on my phone and just cropped the people who aren't Julia out :D  I don't want any mama-drama...
 
Happy Birthday Julia!
 
Do you have a friend who shares their tea with you?
 
Have a great week!

Comments

Popular Posts