A Moderate Workout + Rekindling A Love For Sweet Potatoes

Hi guys!  I've been doing a lot of at-home workouts recently, so I'm rekindling a love for them.  I realized while scrolling through the workouts on my blog that some of them may be too intense for some of you, so I made a more moderate workout:

Keep It Steady Workout:

Warm Up- Do 30 seconds of each of them following
  • March in Place
  • Side to Side Steps
  • Butt Kicks
  • Cross Body Kicks
  • Side Bends (alternating sides)
  • Shoulder Rolls (backward for a couple of seconds, then forward)
Do some stretches, then start your workout!

  • 10 Side Kicks
  • 20 Weight Punches (alternating arms)
  • 30 Standing Oblique Crunches
  • 40 Squat Pulses
Do as many rounds as you can in 10 minutes!  This way, you know that your workout won't take too long and you'll be able to push yourself farther since it's such a short amount of time!

After you've done that, make sure to stretch!  Always remember to stretch after your workouts because it helps lengthen your muscles and you're less sore the next day!  I like to grab a book and hold my stretches for a loooooooong time :)

I'm about to do a ZWOW myself (some sort of 12 minute, butt hell) and I'm nice and fueled by a big lunch (black beans, rice, tomato sauce, fried plaintains, and two dark chocolate squares for dessert) and I can't wait to get started!  I love doing Zwows and they are such a great full body workout- even when she focuses on one part of the body, I always get a good workout.  Sometimes it's my arms, waist, legs, and today it's my lower abs- so I'm working my bum!


Speaking of rekindling a love for something...
I used to eat sweet potatoes all the time, almost daily, but I kind of fell off of that wagon when I moved to Atlanta.  After I made my top five list and remembered how good they were, I decided to buy some and use them for dinners this week.  Here are two different ways to serve sweet potatoes:

1)  Sweet potato with black beans, avocado, salsa, and pepper:


This style has a nice South of the Border flavor and is so healthy!  A perfect combination of protein, fat, and carbohydrates!  I served it with steamed broccoli and nooch :)

2)  Sweet potato with crunchy, salty peanut butter and cinnamon:


Oh my goodness, this is definitely one of my new favorite dinners!!!  It's also a good lunch, if you don't mind the funny looks for combining sweet potato + peanut butttaaaa.  I served this with some carrots sticks and a salad of spinach, broccoli, carrots, celery, tofu, sprouts, and Ginger Dressing

Another thing I rekindled a love for recently is chips... But not any kind- COCONUT CHIPS!  I bought a bag from Trader Joe's and they are so. shoot. dang. good!!!  I love them so much that I have eaten them in moderation so that they will last longer :)

Yum :)

Of course, I added them to my oatmeal (with chocolate pb, pom seeds, banana, and strawberries):


 Or to a bowl of sliced fruit with nuts and seeds:

 
A+!!!!
 
What have you rekindled a love for recently? 
 
How many rounds could you complete for this workout?
 
I hope you guys have a great day!!!  (Rain, rain, go away!)
 


Comments

Popular Posts